Monday, April 16, 2012

SC Day 1: Family Room


The stuff under my cushions...good grief!!!
Today was Day 1 of my Spring Cleaning Extravaganza.

The deep cleaning aspect:

-cobwebs
-windows
-blinds
-curtains
-throw blanket
-air filter
-dusting
-vaccuum
-organizing DVDs
-organizing side table area

Side Table Before: slightly out of control with books and Rudolph

Side Table After: repurposed magazine rack for books, added lamp and flower

Incidentally, this is the spot where I blog!

Before

After

Summer mantle: You can see I like things symmetrical and simple!
I have some projects like painting the room, having some pillow covers made, a pinterest inspired family tree wall decoration, and some more plants, but for now, it is clean. I am happy that I have finished the first room. I love that fresh feeling. I hope the motivation keeps up!!!! Tomorrow is my dining area and my work desk. The fun doesn't end here at the Murrell household. Are you doing any spring cleaning??

2 comments:

  1. Job well done! And I bet some of the stuff from your couch is belongs to my daughter! Heehee. Love your simple spring mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! My couch cushions scare me, too! Never know what you're going to find!

    ReplyDelete