Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Missionary Work

"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." - John 17: 3

I have come to understand that motherhood is missionary work. I dwell with a small band of natives teaching them how to eat, think, read, dress, relate, rest, play, work, etc all to the glory of God.

Jesus was the greatest missionary and I love His missionary prayer in John 17:3"...that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." I pray that verse for my four through the day especially after someone has a meltdown. They see my sin, and I see theirs, and there is nothing left to do but cry out to God... have mercy on this family and cause us to be born again that we may know You and then, make You known. For You alone are great!

2 comments:

  1. Laura - You are so right! I was just talking about this at our women's Bible study Wed. night. I was talking about how sometimes I get so mixed up and I see my children as a detriment to God using me, but really this is my main mission field. I am raising our children up to know and love the Lord, and I have no idea how much these three dear children of mine will impact the world for His kingdom! It's kind of behind-the-scenes work, you know? And we won't even necessarily see all of the fruit of our labor, but we need to persevere and trust Him. Your children look adorable, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and wisdom. I've always said the mission field is under your feet, bloom where you're planted.

    ReplyDelete