Sunday, March 18, 2012

Quietness


I am on vacation!!! My Mom and Stepfather graciously invited my family to join them for a week stay in South Carolina. Adam could not go due to his work schedule, but the kids and I very quickly agreed to the invitation. I had a thought this morning while I was getting ready that I should post a picture a day for a glimpse into our fun, but then I realized I had forgot my usb cord. Perhaps this is a good thing, because my pictures are not very pretty. So, I will just stick with writing.

Because of my four small children, my life is very active and LOUD. So loud in fact, that I find myself wincing as I go about my day caring for these little people. I love them dearly, but I find myself yelling "Quiet"....yelling 'quiet'...that's not very consistent, is it? The loudness grates on my soul and I long for quietness.

So, this week, more than anything, I want to be quiet. Not while my children are up, of course, and yes, our downstairs neighbor has already complained. Because when you are six and under, there is a lot of splashing, squealing, running, jumping, digging, and marveling to be done. But, in the early morning, at nap time, and after these little love muffins are tucked snugly in bed, I want to be quiet in His presence allowing His Word to minister to my weary heart.

"Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is holy
Be still, O restless soul of mine
Bow before the Prince of peace
Let the noise and clamor cease
Be still

Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that he has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still

Be still and know that he is God
Be still and know he is our Father
Come rest your head upon his breast
Listen to the rhythm of his unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still

(love that song... by Steven Curtis Chapman)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you have an opportunity to listen to the "quiet". Soak it in and don't worry about those downstairs people...no matter where we go there is always someone who thinks we are too loud (remember the stares at the restaurant?) Live out Loud until it's quiet time. :) Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sounds lovely. Have a great time! I'll be praying that God speaks to your heart and blesses you with His truths during your quiet moments.

    ReplyDelete