Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grace, Welcome, Enjoy

As a mother, I am really good at laundry, cooking, and cleaning. Or, any specific task for that matter. But, when it comes to the more relational side of mothering, I am realizing that changes need to be made for the good of my children. And, through His Word and people, books, and blogs, God is gently showing me how He wants me to mother my children. And, largely it comes by way of three words: grace, welcome, enjoy. Because that is what He has done for me...given grace when I fell short, welcomed me when I was a mess, and enjoyed me when I doubted His goodness.

His example to me:
God because of Jesus gives Grace: "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus..." (Romans 3:23,24)

God because of Jesus Welcomes: "For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son..." (Colossians 1:13)

God because of Jesus Enjoys: "He will exult over you with joy...He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." (Zephaniah 3
:17)

Because of what He has done and continues to do, I am praying for God's help to follow Him by practicing grace, welcome, enjoy, for and to my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment