Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back to Reality

"Let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us; fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."


Tomorrow I head back to reality!!! He has refreshed and it is very tempting to want to stay in a comatose state. I am human, so He has lovingly let me stare at the wall a few days, but now its time to fix my gaze back on Him.

This isn't necessarily a profound thought, but I have realized this week that it is hard to rest at home. Because my home is my work. And, even in the evenings when the work is done for the day, my mind races about what I should have done, and its hard to relax.

But, I do have time set aside throughout the day when I can rest by looking to Him. And, I need to intentially guard that time. When I fail to look at Him every day, I easily become weary, lose heart, and my mind gets muddled by everyday life and I start thinking and living as if there is no joy set before me. So, as I head north tomorrow...praying for God's grace to help fix my eyes upon Jesus as I go back to and about my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment