Thursday, July 14, 2011

Showing Hospitality




My Dad's visit ended today...so glad you could be with us, Dad!!! Caleb has bad allergies...





One Fish





Two Fish





My leech








One of my favorite times in the day...all snuggled up with a story!






This verse completely pumps me up, and at the end of my life, I pray these words would be true of me:




"A widow is to be put on the list only if she is not less than sixty years old, having been the wife of one man, having a reputation for good works; and if she has brought up children, if she has shown hospitality to strangers, if she has washed the saints' feet, if she has assisted those in distress, and if she has devoted herself to every good work."




I have been thinking a lot about hospitality and the importance of it to healthy church life as well as love towards neighbors. Last night as I was cooking dinner, I was thinking about the above verse, and I realized that I have a unique opportunity to show hospitality to strangers because we are always moving!!! We always have strangers around us! So, the last few weeks while I was moaning and groaning about being far from our last friends and neighbors...this verse completely gave me a happier perspective on our endless moving!




So, I have a goal to have at least six different people (since we are here six months) over for lunch. Plus, I do want to read a little more about hospitality, just to get some more practical ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura! I'm a friend of your mom's and she sent me a link to your blog! Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete