Monday, July 11, 2011

Motherhood is Messy

This is a blog in rebellion. I read so many blogs that have pictures of the people and their surroundings looking perfect. I like pretty pictures, don't get me wrong. And, I plan on posting pretty pictures. But, when all that is portrayed is just that, I come away from those blogs feeling overwhelmed and discouraged. Because, the reality of my motherhood experience is that it is messy. Inwardly and outwardly messy. Gross messy. All. day. long. messy. For a person who likes happy children AND things in their place this becomes a trial (small, I know) to an already weary heart. So, here are pictures of one of my many messy days. This is just the morning between the hours of 9:30 and 11:30.


This is my littliest, sweet Caleb. Our 'school' time is almost over, and he is obviously not happy. He has oreo remains all over his face, hands, and clothes. He was given an oreo in the morning because his brother had finally peed and pooped on the potty. And, we celebrated. Caleb celebrated more than anyone else.






Here is a picture of Caleb's school time activity. Rather than play with his given toy, he threw all the pieces all over the floor! However, he was contained, and this did keep him happy for most of our school time. By the way, I have found, that Easter eggs (maybe filled with little snacks) is a fun thing for the 18 month group.








This is what our living room begins to look like during school time. In the bottom right corner, you see part of my naked son. Naked because of the next picture...








This is a pile of stinky, wet clothing. Luke, who was almost completely potty trained entered a few weeks of potty training regression. This pile happened within an hour and a half.








And, my kitchen.








I told my Dad, who is visiting this week, that I am (slowly) learning to embrace the messes with gladness. Because, in the midst of all these messes, young hearts and minds (and older hearts and minds) are learning about the God who made them, the only One who can redeem them from sin's mess.



"Serve the Lord with gladness." Psalm 100:2

No comments:

Post a Comment