Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Monday Morning Hoping in God

Monday mornings are always a shock to my system.  But, God is teaching me to hope in Him through a lot of mundane little things....so, here is what my Monday morning hoping in God looks like.


In getting drinks and food ready...hope in God.

In getting drawing journals and Bible listening time ready...hope in God.

When littlest one babbles on (loudly) during Bible listening time...hope in God.

When Pap Pap can't hear because he silenced his hearing aids...hope in God.

When I see drawings of what the kids are hearing...hope in God.

When children complain about whats for breakfast...hope in God.

When littlest one needs his hands washed because he drew on his hands rather than in his journal...hope in God.

When the smell of yummy omelets are in the air...hope in God.

When littlest one spills his bowl of milk all over the table and floor right as I am ready to take my first bite of yummy omelet...hope in God.

In cleaning up the mess...hope in God (with gritted teeth).

When I take my first (cold) bite of yummy omelet...hope in God.

When children yell throughout the whole meal and need to be reminded to quiet down...hope in God.

When Honda service calls and the ongoing problem with my van is still not discovered...hope in God.

When children are done and start running throughout the house...hope in God.

When children are reminded to do their chores and not run through the house...hope in God.



Motherhood is (for me) a series of small trials, one right after the other. 

"Knowing that suffering produces endurance, endurance produces character, character produces hope and hope does not put us to shame." 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Laura, you sure do have it right! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete