Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Mothering Friend

My God gives and takes, and sometimes, if it pleases Him, He gives back. And, in EVERYTHING He is in the details. About a year and a half ago, my family and I, in God's providence, moved to a new church. Being new, we were looking at the church's website to find out more about them. Whereupon I "stumbled" onto the blog of the pastor's wife. After looking at her blog one afternoon, I decided then and there that Marian Martin was going to be my friend whether she wanted to be or not. What began shortly after was a very special friendship because Marian is one of those special women who God has used to draw me closer to Himself. A bosom buddy if you will! And, for a year we got together once a week to let our children play together while we were able to have some much needed wife-mama-homemaker-etc talk. And, then, because of a very unforgiving military schedule, my family and I were to leave for Rhode Island for six months then move to a different part of Virginia. Leaving my dear friend pretty much ripped my heart out. And, I wondered if I would ever have another friend like her.

Well, now my family is back in Virginia attending a church, the pastor just so happens to be Marian's brother-in-law. And, due to changes in Marian's family circumstances, they have moved to our area to be a part of the same church ...we live seven minutes from each other! And, just yesterday we were sitting in my home doing laundry together...you know you have a good friend if you can be with each other folding towels and underwear. I am so thankful to be back with my friend and I am looking forward to many days of learning and laughing together.

"Fellowship with God, then, is the source from which fellowship among Christians springs; and fellowship with God is the end to which Christian fellowship is a means." - Jerry Bridges

2 comments:

  1. You know you have a good friend if she offers up her washer & dryer for said towels and underwear. :) My heart is happy because we are once again, because of God's providence, reunited. Love you sweet sister and looking forward to the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome, Laura! God is so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete