Thursday, September 15, 2011

Homeschool Afternoons 2011

Our homeschool afternoons are a lot less busy.



At one o'clock, the boys go down for a nap. The girls and I have our Literature time with a little more substantial reading material that the boys would not easily sit through. We just finished James Herriot's Treasury for Children, several wholesome and sweet stories of barnyard animals. The girls really enjoyed these stories.




Then, after read aloud, we have 30 more minutes of homeschool. This time rotates:


Monday - baking project (I especially want my girls to have some experience in the kitchen)

Tuesday and Thursday - history lesson

Wednesday - science lesson (a unit study on the human body)


Then, after we are done, the girls, for about an hour and a half, have quiet time playing with their toys. And, I do something that helps me relax a bit (like reading/blogging/listening to something edifying), usually involving a large cup of coffee with way too much flavored creamer and a little dark chocolate...



After sanity hour, the kids are up full force again. So, we head outdoors to visit with our neighbors. My favorite neighbor, my sweet running buddy (who has a little mean streak...she makes me run a little further every week)...and her two cute sons plus some other children are usually out on one of the many playgrounds in our military housing. The kids run wild, and we are able to girl talk. We all have a fun time.




It is hard to take a picture of a group of littles under age 5.



Fridays we do not do our homeschool routine. Fridays are left open for fellowship opportunities with friends, going to the library, or running errands. I am really enjoying our new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment